A picture is worth a thousand words, and we’d love to see the best photos from your ‘Safe Road Use’. In fact, that picture could be worth much more: you can win eternal fame when we use your picture in our Safe Road Use communications.
Take your photo, give it a title and tell us its story.
You can email your photo to Visionzero@unhcr.org
You can send as many photos as you like in the following categories:
- Safe People: pictures of yourself, colleagues, friends, other road users demonstrating safe road use or being engaged in safe road use activities,
- Safe Situations: pictures on the road of safe road use practices,
- ‘Not so Safe’: this is our special category. We don’t think it needs further explanation, but we want your pictures of unsafe people and situations on the road.
- Image must be in landscape mode
- Photo resolution: 300 dpi
Winners of the 2016 – 2017 Photo Competition
Road traffic accidents have significant consequences for the health and well-being of our staff, people of concern and other road users. In fact, car accidents remain the number one killer of UN staff worldwide. We should do everything in our power to prevent them from happening. That’s why I support Vision Zero!”
Dr. Ling Kituyi
Member of the Safe Road Use Advisory Group / Head of Staff Health & Welfare Service / DHRM
Click on the image to check out the winning photos: